April 2, 2018
Spring has finally sprung! As the temperature rises outside, you may find yourself daydreaming about days at the beach, weekends by the pool, and spending time outdoors with family and friends. Keep in mind that you aren’t the only one daydreaming about warmth! As the weather gets more hot and humid, cockroaches begin to thrive. Early detection is key when it comes to pest infestation, so it’s important that you know the signs before it grows out of control. To keep cockroaches at bay, Boz Pest Control is ready to help.
Where Roaches Like to Hide
Sometimes, people may not realize that they have a cockroach infestation until its severe. In order to stop roaches in their tracks, it’s important to know where they may be hiding, growing, and reproducing at a rapid rate. Be sure to check the following areas in your home for any sign of roach activity:
- Cupboards and drawers. There are often tasty treats and crumbs for roaches to feast on in these areas, so it may be the first place that you spot them.
- Underneath floor mats and rugs. These spaces are dark and sometimes damp – the perfect environment for cockroaches and their young.
- Behind kitchen appliances. This is another area where roaches can find crumbs or scraps that we have long forgotten. Toasters, refrigerators, ovens, and sinks are all areas where they can find their next snack.
- Drains. Moist and dark – just got cockroaches like it. Excess moisture may attract them, so keep an eye out for signs of life.
- Behind walls and wallpaper. This spot is obviously tricky to check. Unless you have peeling wallpaper or have other access to see inside, it may be hard to detect. Luckily, there are other signs that you can watch out for. Check for droppings, eggs, or egg cases. Roaches eat anything and everything, so droppings are a telltale sign. Eggs mean that they are reproducing, so they should never be ignored or brushed off! Last but not least – the most unpleasant method of detection. As an infestation escalates, roaches can produce a pungent odor. If you smell them behind your walls, call a professional immediately!
How Boz Pest Can Help
When you call us to treat a roach infestation, the first thing that we will do is assess the size of the problem. Once we figure out the size of the issue that we are dealing with, we will go over your options with you. We offer safe methods of pest control, as well as prevention tips for the future. We’ve got you covered!
When it comes to cockroaches, there’s no time to waste! At the first sign of a problem, call Boz Pest.
North Shore Service Areas: