January 25, 2016
According to recent studies, the average home is populated with over 100 different types of invertebrates including centipedes, lice, and spiders. Spider infestation in Boston is much more common than you probably think, and it can turn your home into a creepy crawly fright fest. Even worse, the chances of spiders claiming residency in your home are higher at this time of year, as the eight-legged critters are looking for space with considerable warmth. They’ll certainly be looking to lay eggs too, meaning a colony of spiders will begin to fester in your home.
If spiders are one of your biggest fears, you should call Boz Pest Control and we’ll get rid of spiders in your home, webs and all. We don’t want to see your winter overtaken with spiders, so we can work quickly on extermination. You can even consult with our own Richie the Bug Man on the work that needs to be done to ensure spiders aren’t making your home their wintertime getaway this year. Plus,
Infestation Prevention Tips
The sight of even one spider crawling in your home may be enough to send into fits of screaming. If you want to know what you can do to keep the scares down to a minimum this season, please follow these prevention tips:
- Turn off Porch Lights: Bugs are attracted to light, which explains why moths will always hang around porch lights. The same applies for spiders, who will come crawling to your home once they see that big porch light shining bright. Keep porch lights on only in situations where you need them.
- Use Herbs: Nice-smelling herbs like lavender, citronella, cinnamon, peppermint, or tea tree oil can effective in eliminating spiders from your home. Any of these herbs mixed with water can kill spiders while also keeping your home smelling fresh.
- Check for Crevices and Nooks: Inspect your home for any crevices and nooks where spiders would dwell. Spiders will tend to hide in the darkest areas of your home. Make sure to especially check out your attic or basement as spider infestation is most likely to occur in these two areas.
- Enlist the Help of Pets: Have any dogs or cats? Well, it may turn out your best friend may also serve as the best possible method of prevention. Your furry friends can hunt out spiders in the tiny crevices of your home, and they certainly won’t pass up the chance to catch one crawling across your floor!
- Use Vinegar: It seems like there are at least ten thousands usages for vinegar, and one of them just so happens to be prevention against spider infestation in Boston. A spray bottle of vinegar and water can send spiders running for safer ground!
Contact Boz Pest Control today and we’ll take care of any spider infestation in Boston you may experience this winter!
North Shore Service Areas: