February 19, 2016
Wintertime is the perfect time of the year to fight against flea infestation in Danvers. The low humidity levels will slow down their development and are much less active in the environment. This means your dog or cat will be able you’re a bit more comfortably, especially since they’re spending their time scratching. But even in the midst of winter, there are several myths about flea infestation in Danvers that homeowners should know. One mistruth may lead to experience flea infestation sooner than you realize.
Boz Pest Control is here to provide you information on flea infestation in Danvers, especially when it comes to busing a few myths. We want to see our customers avoid flea infestation altogether, which is why we’re always ready to educate them on how fleas can seep into their home. When fleas are detected in your home, we can send our own Richie the Bug Man over to help. Richie can provide you with several extermination solutions that will allow to live in your home flea-free.
Don’t Believe These Myths!
Here are 5 of the most common myths people believe about flea infestation:
- Fleas Only Live on Pets: While fleas are mostly associated with pets, they can be found in other areas of your home. Fleas can be found in carpets, bedding, and other spaces where it’s cozy for them to reside. Your house pet isn’t the only one immune from fleas.
- Healthy Pets Don’t Get Fleas: Again, not true. It’s a common misconception that only unhealthy dogs get fleas, but even the cleanest pet in the neighborhood isn’t immune from infestation. If anything, fleas like to reside in soft, clean fur.
- Chemical Flea Collars are 100% Safe: You may give your pet a chemical flea collar to keep them safe, but those chemicals may result in some health consequences for humans who can come into contact with them.
- Clean Houses Don’t Get Fleas: Adding to the earlier myth about clean pets, clean houses also aren’t immune from fleas. Tile and wooden floors, no matter how clean, can attract fleas. Even the cleanest furniture is at risk.
- No Fleas During the Winter: This is one of the biggest misconceptions. Though fleas are the least active during the winter, they’re still around, especially in the outdoors. Even when your pet walks outdoors during the winter, they’re still at risk for fleas.
Contact Boz Pest Control today if you want to learn more about flea infestation in Danvers and we can help you!
North Shore Service Areas: